Salsify and Cauliflower roasted with miso and wakame.
We got these beautiful seasonal goodies from Folkestone Food Assembly where all the food is sourced locally and (where possible) is also organic. Here is the recipe.
Honey or Agave Syrup
Toasted Sesame Oil
Wakame – or any dried seaweed flakes
There are no quantities here, because it’s such a simple dish, you can just use as much as you need or like.
- Slice the cauliflower into 1cm slices (I like to keep the slices as whole as possible)
- Peel the salsify and drop immediately into cold water
- Blanch the salsify by dropping it into boiling water for 3-4 mins
- Lay out all the veg on baking trays
- Mix equal parts of the Miso, Honey/Agave, Soy and Sesame Oil together
- Brush this marinade over the veg and stick in all in the oven at 190ºc for 10-15 mins. The cauliflower should still have a slight bite after cooking.
- To serve, just sprinkle over the wakame and you’re done!